[K12OSN] Idea for when Windows programs need to be run...

Keith Olson ksoftconsulting at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 22:57:06 UTC 2005

Bill Kendrick wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 01:08:50PM -0800, Dan Kegel wrote:
>

>>I'm overjoyed that Tux Paint might be a good replacement for Kid Pix.
>>Can it load Kid Pix data files?  I'll try it out soon.
>>

>You know...?  That's an excellent question!  Having never used Kid Pix,
>I have no idea!
>
>I've heard rumor that Kid Pix includes some support for animation, which
>is about the only feature Tux Paint lacks.  (Then again, Tux Paint is
>a painting program... I've always had it in my mind to eventually create
>a full-fledged, Tux Paint-compatible animation program.)
>
>Aside from that, I suppose it's just a matter of figuring out what format
>Kid Pix stores its files in, and if it would be legal to create an import
>tool to handle it.
>
>Tux Paint, of course, uses PNG files and (at least on Linux) comes with
>an import tool so you can throw a collection of JPEGs, GIFs, or whatever
>at it, and they'll appear in Tux Paint's "Open" dialog. ;^)
>
>Anyone here have any idea what Kid Pix uses?

TuxFantaVision(http://tinyurl.com/7ag2e) would be favourite!  I remember
my physics teacher using it to create 'multimedia' illustrations before
the word was even coined.  Here is a link to emulators to try it out:
http://kegs.sourceforge.net/  To feed your A2 addiction more, check out
Apple ][ Mania (http://radiovibrations.com/apple.htm)   I can email
anyone the system ROMs if they can't find them.

--

Keith Olson
K-Soft Consulting