[K12OSN] killing Active Directory - direction needed for Samba/LDAP in

David Trask dtrask at vcsvikings.org
Wed Nov 2 15:09:44 UTC 2005

I must admit...going back to revisit the FDS site (last time was July or
so)....it appears to have matured quite nicely.  I think Matt and I will
be having a conversation about this on the way to Montreal...it may be
worth revisiting.

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Tue Nov  1 2005 at 19:17 +0000 wrote:

>FDS is not a 100%-clean drop-in replacement for OpenLDAP, at least not
>yet. But it is not too far off. In the little bit of playing around with
>it that I did, it didn't take me too long (2-3hours?) to have my entire
>OpenLDAP database (15,000 accounts) imported into FDS & integrated with
>Samba, OSX, etc. No major trauma.
>
>-Eric

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator