[K12OSN] good, cheap pci video card?

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 17:17:55 UTC 2005

I have 2 thin clients with significantly different
performance, and I was thinking it was due to the
different video cards (but maybe I'm wrong).  The
faster thin client has an AGP card (1x, I think).  The
slower one has a PCI card with, I think, 2 MB RAM.

On the slower thin client, simple things like quickly
dragging a scroll bar in OpenOffice or Nautilus
results in choppy video (the screen jumps instead of
scrolling).  If I've got a 2MB PCI card, is this the
best performance I can hope for?  Or will getting a
better PCI video card help?  Or perhaps my problem is
in the network hardware, and not the video card...

Thanks

-Rob