[K12OSN] NFS Mount /home....Users Menus missing

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Nov 18 14:48:06 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 08:11 -0600, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > Do you have the panel at all?  You said at the beginning that the top
> > and bottom menus are missing -- do you mean the entire panels on top
> > and botom (including clock, taskbar, pager, etc) are not showing up?
> >
> > If so, when you log in and run ps ax |grep panel, are there any
> > gnome-panel's running?
>
> All I have is solid gray bars on top and bottom.  I am going to try Les'
> suggestions and then I'll try ps ax | grep panel and see what shows and report
> back.

Solid grey bars sound as though the panel has started but is either
stuck in some infinite loop or the applets that draw things on the panel
aren't able to load.  Try right clicking on one of the grey bars and see
if the panel's right click menu (Add to panel, delete panel, etc) comes
up.  That'll tell us if the panel is processing events or if it's stuck.

-Toshio