[K12OSN] Which Windows apps stand in the way of Linux use at yourschool?

Larry McPherson lmcpherson at mail.sumner.k12.me.us
Mon Oct 3 11:18:42 UTC 2005

Dan,

	I moved four PCs back to Windows so that I can run Accelerated
Reader, and do testing on client desktops in four class rooms.  I know this
product has a web version for Windows, but since we already have licensing
for it to run on Windows and Windows 98 - it is cheaper to install Windows
on a minimum number of PCs.

	I'm also moving a SPED PC back to Windows so the teacher can run
Lexia Comprehensive Reading Tests K-12, Quick Reading Tests K-12, Teaching
Reading, Early Reading ages 4-6, Reading S.O.S. ages 9-adult.

	I'm interested in any notes (how-tos) you may have on Wine as well.

Larry