[K12OSN] sound faq for LTSP?

Terrell Prudé, Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed Oct 5 12:00:25 UTC 2005

The server sound cars essentially just sits there.  I've not tried
disabling the sound card on the server, but yes, there is some daemon
that does with the data just what you described.  If you actually walk
up to the server itself and log on, then yes, you can use the sound
card.  At that point, you're acting just like a fat-client installation
of FC4.  But that's using your server like a workstation, which I've
learned isn't a good idea.  For testing whether or not applications will
launch, though, and setting up your server, it doesn't hurt a bit.

--TP