[K12OSN] Can lts.conf go corrupt?

Shane Stafford staffords at glenburn.net
Wed Oct 5 21:59:25 UTC 2005

odd issue

We have a good number of edits for older equipment in our Classroom Server
lts.conf file.
We were doing great.  over 150 terminals out there and only 5 giving us
issues to resolve.

suddenly, one of the servers handling the classroom has a ton of terminals
back to old xserver and video issues.
I notice a parse error in line 204.  I look, it seems fine, it is just a
[macaddress] line.   But, it seems like none of the changes in lts.conf
are being read after that error line.

So, I cut that line out of the lts.conf and save, it gives me an error in
line 205, so I # out line 205.
I # out the entire next terminal record and it puts the error to line 210
which is the next mac address.

I put my cursor in front of the line 210 and delete as to pop that line up
and then hit enter again to move it down.
I take line 211 and hit delete to back it up to end of line 210 and then
hit enter again to move it down.  Trying to eliminate any spaces, or
whatever.  Still no lock.

I did a save as and saved the file as ltsnew.conf, then went in and did a
rename to get this new file to become the new lts.conf.   Yea grasping at
straws, no luck.

I guess at this point I will create a brand new file lts.conf and begin to
cut and paste sections of my old lts.conf file into it.

thoughts?  Any significant event lately was a power outage during
wind/storm earlier in the week.

thanks
Shane

Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
S & B Consulting