[K12OSN] Simple RSYNC question

Rich McCue rmccue at law.uvic.ca
Thu Oct 6 15:59:45 UTC 2005

I'm sure I'm just missing a setting or something, but when I rsync data from one server to another all the files on the destination server are owned by the user that ran rsync.

For example I have a server with a backup tape attached to it, and I run rsync from that machine to two other servers to get their data to the backup server. This works great, except for the file ownership thing... everything is owned by root after it gets to the backup server.

Rich