[K12OSN] odd reboot issue

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Thu Oct 20 19:09:49 UTC 2005

Calvin,

I've removed the lines from grub.conf already, but thanks.

I knew it was just a standard "hi, how are you?" from the terminal, but I
wasn't sure if that had ever been known to cause a problem. I'm guessing it
was just the last one before the crash, it was just a bit odd that it was
the lsat one at both 5PM and 3AM that marked before it crashed.

It could be a hardware issue. I doubt it's related to cron since I have
nothing running at 5PM, and it crashed a couple weeks ago (when this thread
was started) around 9:25PM. It was running fine then until yesterday when it
crashed again (5:53PM) and then again last night at 3:53AM. So, anyway I'm
not sure that it's cron or a hardware issue. I'm really just confused.

I don't really want to ignore it until it becomes unstable without X, but
I'm kindda stumped as to how to proceed. I'm going to go through some of the
other logs in /var/log (aside from just messages), just to double check that
a specific program is not crashing it. Thanks again.

-Calvin