[K12OSN] Authenticating against Windows AD

Paul VanGundy vangundypw at sau14.k12.nh.us
Mon Oct 24 12:12:59 UTC 2005

All,

I recently installed K12LTSP 4.4.1 and it is running beautifully. I am now
trying to make it so that users can sit down at the terminals and log onto
them with the exact same username and password they use on Windows computers
on our domain. I edited the krb5.conf file and it still didn't work. I then
tried to find the pam_unix2.conf file (found in SuSE Pro 9.2) and edit it
but that file didn't exist. I read online to look in system_auth but I
didn't see anything I could edit that would make a difference.

Has anyone successfully set up K12LTSP to authenticate users against a
Windows AD? K12LTSP in our district is pretty much pointless if we cannot
accomplish this. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

-Paul

Paul VanGundy

Technology Coordinator

Epping High School