[K12OSN] Idea for when Windows programs need to be run...

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Thu Oct 27 18:33:13 UTC 2005

> We've got three basic requirements we are seeing:
>
> 1. Using IE
> 2. Downloading a client-side Windows program
> 3. Running a Windows educational program
>
> How does IE do?

It works pretty well; the glitch is that it negates
our no OS purchase advantage, because you need a legit
license to use IE.

> I'm assuming specialized testing programs that have to be downloaded are not
> likely to be supported?

Well, not likely to be supported yet; we only need a bit
of nudging to fix that.

As to whether or not they work; that's probably more of
a 50/50 proposition.

> What Windows educational programs have you got running?

So far, not a heck of a lot.  Some Jumpstart;
Acclerated Reader is reported to work.  We're
hoping to rapidly change that, though.

Cheers,

Jeremy