[K12OSN] Reminder: Put your K12LTSP installation on the map

Edward Holcroft edward at netday.org.za
Fri Oct 28 06:17:54 UTC 2005

> Hey Ed,
> I just added 'NetDay' to the list, by picking Johannesburg from the
> pull-down list. J'burg is probably hundreds of miles from your
> various installations, but perhaps you could list the actual city
> name in the 'Shoutout' section for each site.  At this point, I
> would argue that the more important part is the showing of how many
> places, different places, are using K12LTSP, than whether the exact
> geography is accurate or not. Assuming that works for you, someone
> should probably remove the NetDay site I put on the map; it was
> just a test.
>
> Sudev, you might want to do the same for India; I saw some Indian
> cities listed in the drop-down list, though I didn't try any.
> Better to be on the map, if slightly incorrectly, than not on the
> map at all.
>
> Petre

Thanks! Still wonder why I get "undefined" when I choose
Johannesburg. Maybe it's Safari on my Mac? I'll try it  from Firefox
and see if it works.

We have deployed 48 K12LTSP computer labs all over South Africa and I
want to get them all on the map, even if, as you note we don't
indicate the precise site.

cheers
ed