[K12OSN] stalling at X

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Sep 2 19:18:49 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 13:54, Peter Hartmann wrote:
> Hey List,
> I installed k12linux 4.2.1EL on top of Centos x86_64 and now the
> terminal I'm trying to boot is stalling at X.  It's using pxe, i
> havent tried etherboot yet. How do I go about troubleshooting this?  I
> took my lts.conf and dhcpd.conf from the old server running a k12linux
> 4.2

Did you run the /opt/ltsp/templates/K12Linux-LTSP-initialize script?
I'm not sure that's the right thing to do in your case but it runs
a bunch of other scripts that set up necessary pieces of the
configuration, for example to enable XDCMP logins and export the
right directories via NFS.

You can enable SCREEN_02 = shell in lts.conf if it isn't already
and hit ctl-alt-F2 on a terminal as it boots so you can check
if the NFS mounts worked and look at /var/log/Xorg.0.log.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com