Re: [K12OSN] No apps in IceWM under Gnome submenu in K12LTSP 4.4.1

Hmm, I don't see a 'start here' icon.  I think that went away also.

Huck wrote:
one can also double click on the 'start here' icon...and gain access to all of those gnome menu items albeit through icon/folder navigation rather than a menu =)

--Huck

Petre Scheie wrote:

In previous releases of K12LTSP, if one chose the IceWM, there was a Gnome submenu off the main menu that contained all the apps that one see if the Gnome desktop was chosen. This was a good way of having access to all the Gnome apps without the overhead of running Gnome itself. But in the 4.4.1 release of K12LTSP, while there is a Gnome submenu, none of the apps are there, just some things like Font Catalog, Theme Catalog, About Gnome, Search for Files, etc. It seems like it's just a mix of the Places and Desktop menus from Gnome. What builds the Gnome submenu that's under IceWM?

Petre