[K12OSN] cron job how to

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Sep 9 13:25:38 UTC 2005

Following Burke's suggestion, run

chmod g+s

on the folder.  This will force the group for each file to be the group of the folder
itself, which the teacher is a member of, and so the teacher should have access to the
files.  Another approach would be to put the teacher's ID into each student's group, but
that sounds like a lot more work.

Petre