[K12OSN] Can't sleep monitors using DPMS

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 21:06:14 UTC 2005

On 9/9/05, Calvin Dodge <caldodge at fpcc.net> wrote:
> There appear to be two problems - I'd like to see if you concur
> before I post to the list.
>
> First, /opt/ltsp/i386/etc/build_x4_cfg has a typo. There's a
> section which (at least, in my copy) reads like this:
>
> cat <<-EOF
> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "XFree86 Configured"
>         Screen      0   "Screen0" 0 0
>         InputDevice     "Keyboard0"   "CoreKeyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Mouse0"      "CorePointer"
>         InputDevice     "Mouse1"      "AlwaysCore"
>         Option          "StandbyTime" "${X_DPMS_STANDBYTIME:-0}"
>         Option          "SuspendTime" "${X_DPMS_SUSPENDTIME:-0}"
>         Option          "OffTime"     "${X_DPMS_OFFTIME:-0}"
> EOF

Success!
I got it to work !!!
I did not change any EOF setting. I changed build_x4_cfg back to what
it was originally.
Then I just added 2 lines to lts.conf after the XSERVER entry

X_DPMS = Y
X_DPMS_SUSPENDTIME = 15

Note: When I tried to have both STANDBY and SUSPENDTIME enabled I got
a garbled screen after the suspendtime. So I'm only using suspendtime
which is what I want anyway.

--
Robert Arkiletian