[K12OSN] Somewhat OT but important for Open Source promoters in the community

bear2bar at netscape.net bear2bar at netscape.net
Sat Sep 10 02:10:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

We have been given an opportunity to present to an international forum of communities, next March 2006, Open Source solutions. The basis of the presentation addresses the social-economical advantanges offered as well as the human impact. We are also getting some "political backing" to promote Open Source solutions as an alternative to proprietary systems.
The event will be held in British Columbia and we need to have a proposal drafted by Sept 15 !!!!
I am therefore asking for any and all help, input, ideas, background studies, etc that would help support this initiative.
We want to present a solid case for the adoption of Open Source solutions, specifically K12LTSP & LTSP, as a means of reducing costs, improving ROI while providing a better computing and work environment.

Thanks to all those that are willing to help

norbert
CEO XTlabs (www.xtlabs.org)
Interim director reboot montreal (www.rebootmontreal.ca)

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.