[K12OSN] can Mac Powerbook G3 netboot?

I inherited a Mac Powerbook G3, all black, 32MB RAM, 2GB hard drive, built-in ethernet port, with OS9 installed. I tried to make it netboot from my K12LTSP 4.4.1 server by holding down the N key during bootup, but it just booted the OS9 from the hard disk. What's the best way to turn this into a thin client? Ideally, I'd like to get a wireless card working with it. Do I need to make it a chubby client?

Petre