[K12OSN] Slightly OT- installing Yellow Dog

Eric Brown ericbrown at mi-spot.com
Tue Sep 20 14:25:59 UTC 2005

A while back, I asked questions on getting a beige Mac G3 to netboot off of
K12LTSP 4.4.0.  I found out that I couldn't.

The suggestion was to try to install Yellow Dog Linux, and have it work with
the server.  I've burned YD 4.0.1 to cd, stuck it in the CD, shutdown, start
while holding down the C key, and the machine still boots into OS9.  I have
a rather large bias against Macs, and this is proving everything I've always
thougth to be true.  I'd like to make this a usable machine.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appricated.

Thanks,
Eric

Viva la Open Source!