[K12OSN] Mac won't netboot any more

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Sep 21 12:48:37 UTC 2005

The bad news is that Joe's suggestion, change the boot device back to the local hard
disk and then change it again back to netboot, did not fix the problem; when set to
netboot, it still just sits there with the blinking world icon.  And changing the boot
device to the local disk but then holding down the N key during boot also does not work.
  However, the good news is that Jim's 'boot enet:192.168.0.1,yaboot' method DID work.
So, what does that mean?  What are the commands to permanently set the firmware to
netboot?  As important, what are the commands to change it back to booting from the
local drive, for future reference?

Petre