[K12OSN] migration question - nfs freezing?

Antonello Facchetti ollenotna2000 at yahoo.it
Wed Sep 21 17:31:52 UTC 2005

Petre Scheie wrote:

 > I had a similar problem with an older client that was running an ISA
3Com NIC over coax.  Jim McQuillan pointed me to
http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/NFS to fix the problem.  Also,
this past weekend, I tried out an old 486 with a PCI NIC (with a RealTek
8139 chip) that had similar symptoms when it was connected to my 100Mbit
switch.  I moved it to an old 10Mbit hub, which then had an upstream
link to the 100Mbit switch to which the server was connected, and then
it worked fine.  HTH

 > Petre

that was it!
I solved the problem adding the two lines suggested in the wiki to lts.conf.
The problem was caused by 100Mbit nics connecting through a 100/1000
switch to a server with 1000Mbit nic.

thank you a lot

Antonello