[K12OSN] Using Slave LDAP with Samba 3

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Thu Sep 22 13:43:36 UTC 2005

There has been quite a bit of discussion on the list recently about setting up Slave LDAP servers.
I've been experimenting with this recently and I thought that people might be interested to read the
results.

Have a look at the link below, it's not a complete howto but should give people some pointers and
something to think about.

http://www.chivers.info/Samba3-OpenLDAP-slave-server-config.html

Feedback is welcome, but be nice as this is the first time I've attempted something like this :-)

Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College