[K12OSN] Roaming profiles

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Fri Sep 23 16:15:15 UTC 2005

Mark Gumprecht wrote:
> one at a time. What's a good source for learning scripting?
> Mark

While O'Reilly books are often regarded as the standards for Unix manuals, for scripting
I've found their books on bash/ksh/csh to be lacking in examples.  Recently, I discoverd
"Mastering UNIX Shell Scripting" by Randal K. Michael, which seems more thorough,
including a chapter called "12 ways for parsing a file line-by-line".  It's perhaps not
as thrilling as going to the Gould Linux Conference, but it's cheaper. :-)

Petre