[K12OSN] Wireless presenter on a thin client

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Mon Apr 3 08:28:40 UTC 2006

On Friday 31 Mar 2006 21:49, you wrote:
> The page says "Integrated 2.4GHz wireless technology: provides true freedom
> for effective presentations of up to 15 meters"
>

> So unless the teacher is going over 15 meters there should be no problem,
> is he trying to control the through objects (like sitting down on a chair
> with 10 computers in front of the device) that could block the reach of the
> radio wave.

Signal is fine; it is something funny on the client.  As I said originally the
presenter works fine on a stand alone Linux box and a wireless mouse works
fine on the client, although the range is very limited.   I'm guessing that
the client doesn't like this particular device, which I don't understand as I
though all USB mice were the same, ie you plug them in and they just work.

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation