[K12OSN] Keyboard stops working after login

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Thu Apr 6 08:20:26 UTC 2006

On Thursday 06 Apr 2006 01:51, Carl Keil wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I've got a weird problem.  I have one user who can't use the keyboard
> after logging in.  (She can type in her user name and password.)  She's
> in KDE.  When I log in on the same terminal as a different user the
> keyboard works perfectly.  This is KDE on k12ltsp 4.4.2 (I think)  How
> do you figure out the version number anyway?  I tried rebooting the
> terminal and the server with no luck.  Could she have bollucksed up some
> setting in her account that she's not telling me about?

We have seen this, but we don't know what causes it.  Go into the users home
directory and remove the .kde directory.  When they login again, a new .kde
dir is generated and it all should be OK again. -  This works for us but YMMV

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation