[K12OSN] K12LTSP 5.0 beta 1 i386 repository bug

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Tue Apr 11 15:29:18 UTC 2006

dahopkins at comcast.net wrote:
> Eric,
>
> Sorry for the confusion.  And since I am sending from work, not at the school
> where I volunteer, this may be confusing as well. My current
k12ltsp.repos
> (is that right name, not at the system right now), isn't correct.
> Also, the fedora.repos didn't work until I commented out the mirrors
option,
> and modified the baseurl to point to the correct repo. I can update
> the systems for the fedora-related packages.  However, I get an error
> (with the current stable release) is I try to use the k12ltsp repo.
>
> I would like to straighten out the 4.4.x issue for the servers first,
> and then push (upgrade?) one of these servers we have to the 5.0 Beta
> release since I have the luxury of having a system available to do so
> with.  Just having the correct repo info for k12 (extras, devel,
> etc) would resolve this.
>
> I haven't posted the specific errors mostly because I didn't want to
> bother the list with something that everyone else hasn't had a problem
> with and figured it would all go away this summer when all the k12
> servers get upgraded again.  It is only an issue right now since the
>  school would really like to implement the new ltsp 4.2 package
> (specifically to take advantage of the local devices).
>
> Again, thanks!!
> Sincerely,
> Dave Hopkins

If I understand this correctly, there are two objectives here: 1) yum is
broken on one of your K12LTSP 4.4.x servers and 2) you want to upgrade
one of your K12LTSP 4.4.x servers to the K12LTSP 5.0 beta so that you
can test the new local device support.

1) For the K12LTSP 4.4.x /etc/yum.repos.d/k12ltsp.repo, you should have
this as your mirrorlist entry:

  mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-4.4

Be sure to do a "yum clean all" to make sure you don't have a stale cache.

If for some reason that does not work (post the error), the direct
baseurl is currently:

  baseurl=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/4.4.1/

2) As for upgrading a 4.4.x server to the 5.0 beta, you imply that you
want to use yum to do the upgrade. I would recommend against doing that,
it would be better to download the ISOs and use those to upgrade.

-Eric