[K12OSN] Beta->Final

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Thu Apr 13 12:12:40 UTC 2006

Mikko Jordman wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to know, if it will be possible to "yum update" from beta
> to final,
> when the final is ready.
>
> mikkoj
>
> P.S. Another thing, for some reason, my PCMCIA-clients (with
> wireless_ltsp) are
> not able to boot after I installed 4.4.1. I have not done any
> research, only
> remember, that "doing pivot root" takes long time and nfs has problems.
> Certaionly it's possible that ther is something else wrong, physical
> network
> etc.
The wireless-ltsp package was based on LTSP-3.  That old version of LTSP
doesn't have the required things that LTSP-4.2 needs.

LTSP-4.2 requires the following:

    A recent 2.6 kernel  (at least 2.6.13 I think)
    udev (older kernels had devfs, which is way different)
    initramfs (older kernels had initrd)

So, the wireless-ltsp package isn't going to work at all with LTSP-4.2,
but you could install an older version of LTSP on your server, along
side ltsp-4.2.  Just make sure you install it to a different directory.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org