[K12OSN] Re: Dell Client boot trouble - NEWBIE - More info

kevin_haugh at redlands.k12.ca.us kevin_haugh at redlands.k12.ca.us
Thu Apr 13 14:13:32 UTC 2006

Thanks for the replies so far.  Here are the details of
error I get on the client during boot...

Mounting root filestystem: /opt/ltsp/i386 from:
192.168.0.254
mount: RPC: unable to receive; errno = Connection refused
mount: nfsmount failed: Bad file descriptor
NFS: mount program didn't pass remote address!
mount: Mounting 192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/i386 on /mnt
failed: invalid argument

ERROR! Faild to mount the root directory via NFS!
Possible reasons include:
1) NFS services may not be running on the server
2) Workstation IP does not map to a hostname, either in
/etc/hosts, or in DNS
3) Wrong address for NFS server in DHCP config file
4) Wrong pathname for root directory in the DHCP config
file

Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

Any ideas?

I removed the additions I had made to /etc/export and
/etc/fstab received the same error.

Thanks again for any help!

-Kevin