[K12OSN] Switch OpenOffice's default file format

Dan Young dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Apr 24 17:07:26 UTC 2006

John Hansknecht wrote:
> I notice with the 4.4.1 version of K12LTSP based on Fedora 4 that OpenOffice
> 2.0 defaults for each new users to saving files in Microsoft Office format.
> Does anyone know how I go about change this to default to OpenOffice 1.0
> format? What about Open Document format?

The change happens via
/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/openoffice-ms-format-defaults.sh

You can reverse the patches with something like this:

BASE=/usr/lib/openoffice.org2.0/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Setup
PATCHES=/opt/ltsp/templates/k12linux/patches
patch -p0 -R < $PATCHES/oo-calc-xls.patch
patch -p0 -R < $PATCHES/oo-impress-ppt.patch
patch -p0 -R < $PATCHES/oo-writer-doc.patch

--
Dan Young <dan_young at mesd.k12.or.us>
Multnomah ESD - Technology Services