[K12OSN] Censornet help

Dimitri Yioulos dyioulos at firstbhph.com
Wed Apr 26 15:04:40 UTC 2006

On Wednesday April 26 2006 10:52 am, Edward Holcroft wrote:
> > Understood on the authentication mechanism.  Now, this is the
> > curious part -
> > if, after entering my uname and pw (once, or a few times, doesn't
> > matter),
> > then cancelling the login, I get the Censornet "Authentication
> > Failed" error
> > message.  SO, I am communicating with Censornet, but not being
> > authenticated.
> >
> > As you know, Censornet isn't difficult to configure, nor are there
> > a lot of
> > configuration settings to make.  But, just for fun, I reinstalled
> > Censornet,
> > to make sure I didn't futz anything up the first go-round.  No
> > luck, same
> > issues.
> >
> > And, our AD server is also our system's time server.  I mad sure
> > that I
> > configured Censornet to use it to sync the time.  Both are at the
> > same time.
> > I think, though, that that's important mainly for user and workstation
> > discovery.
>
> Ok now maybe I'm stating the obvious, but have you added your
> workstation in the Censornet management interface? I prefer doing it
> by mac address. Then after you've added it you still have to give it
> permissions from the pull-down menu. Then you have to give your
> username permissions in the web interface too - by default all
> workstations and all users have no access to everything.
>
> ed

Yes, did that straight away by mac address.  I can see the users and
workstations in the Censornet management interface.  User access profile
is "Unfiltered" and workstation access profile is "Allow Web & Other".
Beyond that, I don't think I need to configure anything else, do I (other
than creating banned sites and other filtering characteristics)?

Dimitri

believed to be clean.