[K12OSN] Re: can confirm smbldap issues

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Sun Aug 6 01:21:27 UTC 2006

Maybe, though the "right" thing to do is just change the paths in
smb.conf.

Now that I think about it, I believe the smbldap-installer installs
the smbldap-tools package from its rpms/ directory, and what's
happening now is that smbldap-tools have finally been packaged by
Fedora, and the executables are being put in the right place.

I should just remove smbldap-tools from the rpms directory that comes
with the script and add it to the 'yum' command in distro_data.pl, and
that should fix everything.

Care to give it a shot, anyone? :)

If you've already used the installer and you're in trouble because
of this issue, changing /opt/IDEALX/sbin to /usr/sbin in
/etc/samba/smb.conf *should* take care of the problem(s).

Also, I took some of my frustration out on the Fedora project in an
earlier email and I don't think that was fair at all. Fedora is now
packaging smbldap-tools (apparently), which is great and to be
commended.

--matt

David Trask wrote:    [Sat Aug 05 2006, 12:10:14PM EDT]

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/