[K12OSN] Redirect "My Documents" folder to home folder

Paul Lemke lists at paulandmichelle.net
Wed Aug 9 16:46:10 UTC 2006

Hi all,
Is there a way in windows 2000 to script the changing of the "My Documents"
from "c:\docs and settings\blah\blah\mydocuments" to their mapped home
directory? Specifically their startup.bat file that get's executed when they
log in.

I've googled it and can't see to come up with an easy answer. The reason
behind this is I have roaming profiles turned on, but I don't want the users
to wait all the time to copy their entire home directory. Sure I could tell
them to save everything to their "X drive" but it's easier to show them how
to save it to their "my documents" folder.

Thanks for the help!
Paul