[K12OSN] Pam_ldap.secret

Jesper Berth big at santaz.dk
Thu Aug 10 17:38:07 UTC 2006

Hi there

I have set up a sambaldap server with Ubuntu, the server is up and
running, and i am now trying to get my Ubuntu client to authenticate
with the ldap.

I am running Ubuntu 6.06 on both mashines

On the client i have run the ./smbldap ubuntuclient

but when i try to login i get this line in my /var/log/messages

Aug 9 21:41:57 localhost sudo: pam_ldap: could not open secret file
/etc/pam_ldap.secret  (No such file or directory)

i have added to lines in the /etc/ldap/ldap.conf

host 10.0.0.65

BASE  dc=baunehoej,dc=dk

what am i missing ??

Cheers