[K12OSN] phone system

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 11 13:20:59 UTC 2006

Paul Lemke wrote:
> Hi all,
> 	This is not closely related to the list. but I don't know who else
> to ask. The school I'm currently helping has about 10 rooms. They want to
> put some kind of phone system in place to have a phone in each room. (why
> they didn't do this when they built the school boggles my mind) We already
> have cat5e ran to each room where the phone would go.

I odn't have time to go through this whole thread this morning.  Too
much to do.

But go get Trixbox.

It is pretty much a drop-in and use.

there is any number of FXO multi-port cards to add to your server.  And
any number of SIP phones or ATAs.  And the Trixbox gang are adding
scripts to configure some of those.

Also Asterfax is being intergrated into Trixbox.

By adding things like e164.org, SRV DNS records and a few other odds and
ends and you might be supprised about how much of your calls stay on the
net.