[K12OSN] home directory listing for teachers

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 04:01:53 UTC 2006

On 15/08/06, Paul Lemke <lists at paulandmichelle.net> wrote:
> I was going to change the ownership of the home directories for the kids...
> "username:teachergroup" and chmod it to 770. Then a softlink share in samba
> would show all the users home directories. But it doesn't let me break it up
> by gradegroup.

Taking a swipe at this....
Make /home/grade1, /home/grade2 etc. under which make users of each
grade. Now make groups grade1 grade2 ... and make teachers of each
grade part of that group. Then directory permission with
user:gradegroup should do the job. Trick is to set sticky bit so that
the group ownership is automatically attached to all files created in
subdirectories.

HTH
--
Regards,