[K12OSN] Samba / W2K login script issue

george kocke webmaster at vol.org
Thu Aug 17 20:15:00 UTC 2006

Bert Rolston wrote:

> I've run into a problem with a W2K machine and winders login scripts.

> If I try to launch the login script from \\servername\netlogon I get an
> error message about UNC paths, then it proceeds as below.

I recently migrated a Samba setup from an old server to a new one and
had pretty much the same problems as you.

My solution was to login as administrator on the workstations, remove
the machine from the domain, reboot, add it to the domain and reboot yet
again. This solved my problem.

I believe it has something to do with Samba and SIDs and hopefully
there's a better way to solve the problem.

This message has been scanned by the Internet Service Departments Virus/Spam filter.