[K12OSN] Talking to school about K12LTSP

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Fri Aug 18 18:38:42 UTC 2006

Robert Arkiletian wrote:

	Not sure how well k12ltsp would work in a wireless situation.
Maybe someone else can answer that.

I'm more looking forward to when we have a wired network.  No, I don't
think wireless is fast enough for LTSP.

	But as long as you don't have /home mounted nfs. You can simply
issue the command
	#ifdown eth1
	No internet.
	#ifup eth1
	Internet is back.
	It's that easy. I do it all the time to prevent kids from
getting distracted while I am lecturing. You can put it in a cron job or
do it manually, whatever.

Is that a per client setting?  Or for the entire server?  We want to
control this at the client level, or at least at the group level.

--
Henry