[K12OSN] re: Taking the LDAP plunge (Michael Blinn) (Paul Lemke)

Matt Oquist moquist at majen.net
Sat Aug 19 02:02:08 UTC 2006

> Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:30:41 -0500
> From: "Paul Lemke" <lists at paulandmichelle.net>
> Subject: RE: [K12OSN] Taking the LDAP plunge
> Because I was a ldap newb before I started my server project I found the
> smbldap-installer is probably the easiest way to get samba/ldap setup on a
> server.
> http://www.vcsvikings.org/docuwiki/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/

Please note that the above is a wiki! While it is devoted to
documenting the smbldap-installer, that doesn't mean that related
topics shouldn't also be covered...

> very common. I'd start a wiki on the whole subject and let other people add
> their bits and pieces on setting up a server. Some examples of things I
> could add...
> Pxe G4u setup, dns, dhcp, rsync backups, etc...

It makes sense to me that all these resources could be unified in one
place, and I think the above wiki would be a good place.

Of course, I'm closely associated with the project documented there...

--matt

--
Open Source Software Engineering Consultant
http://majen.net/