[K12OSN] consistent desktops

Ray Garza ray at mission.lib.tx.us
Tue Aug 29 13:00:23 UTC 2006

On Monday 28 August 2006 16:28, Petre Scheie wrote:
> Yes, although there isn't a single tool that controls all these things, as
> some are destkop environment related, others are specific application
> related.  For the desktop environment, e.g., menus & buttons, the tool
> depends on whether you're using Gnome (the default), KDE, or IceWM.  For
> Gnome, use sabayon (I think you'll have to install it first).  There's a
> similar tool for KDE and one for IceWM, but I forget their names; others
> here will probably remember.

Ok, we use the Gnome desktop by default so, I'll huntdown Sabayon and give
that a try.

> For firefox, I think the file to edit is prefs.js, and then distribute that
> to all users.

Yes, I remember editing the prefs.js a long time ago to put Firefox in Kiosk
mode with the features we wanted (or was that browser.jar).

Thanks for the tips. I've been scouring the archives for other tips and picked
up some other useful information.

Would you happen to anything about getting Fuse to work on FC4?

Ray