[K12OSN] import windows fonts?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Aug 29 23:06:34 UTC 2006

From the www.fedorafaq.org :

Q: How do I install fonts? Can I use Windows (.ttf) fonts? (Updated 4
May 2006)
A:  Yes, you can. Here's how you install fonts:
     1. Under the "System" menu in the tray, choose "Preferences" and
        then "Fonts."
     2. Click on the "Details..." button.
     3. Click on "Go to font folder."

Now simply drag & drop your fonts into the "Fonts" window to add them.
You may have to log out and log in again to see them actually show up in
that folder.

If you have any programs open, you will need to close then and then open
them again, to have the new fonts show up in those programs.