[K12OSN] Fl_TeacherTool

Rita Gibson rgibson57 at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 30 12:41:13 UTC 2006

I installed the latest teacher tool using the instructions on Robert
Arkiletian's webpage, Fl_TeacherTool 0.34, primarily to use the VNC
desktop for demonstrating in the lab. We do not have a projector in our
lab, so every year I have to figure out how to use the
vncserver/vncreflector for this purpose. This year we are trying
Fl_TeacherTool.

I have it installed and it seems to be working. However, when I launch
VNC to some desktops from Fl_TeacherTool, the desktop that is displayed
is larger than the desktop already there, and I cannot see or get to the
taskbar to use the start button or open a terminal window to start an
application for demonstration.

Where is the size of the desktop/display set? I believe the titlebar on
the VNC display refers to TightVNC. I've almost got it working for the
lab teacher to begin using it next week. I just need to finish testing
with a few students logged in and getting used to how it works and what
all Fl_TeacherTool does.

Thanks for any tips!

Rita Gibson
RMSELTech