[K12OSN] terminals now fail to boot

Sudev Barar sbarar at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 15:48:03 UTC 2006

On 30/08/06, James P. Kinney III <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> > I've just setup a server with K12LTSP 4.4.1 and had everything working
> > fine until I imported users and rsync'd the home folders ~ now none of
> > the terminals will boot – they hang with the messages below.  Free
> > beer and a round of golf at our course if you can help!

Mmmmmm most interesting offer.
[SNIP]

> > (by PXE)
> >
> > Client Mac Addr: 00 13 90 00 f7 a7
> >
> > Client IP: 192.168.0.192 Mask 255.255.255.0 DHCP IP: 192.168.0.254
> >
> > Gateway IP: 192.168.0.254
> >
> > PXE-E32: TFTP open timeout
> >
> > TFTP…

Check up that the dhcpd.conf and confirm that the file being pointed
towards is /tftp/lts/vmlinuz.pxe

Typically the dhcpd.conf file would be pointing towards some specific
kernel version while you have upgraded to newer kernel. I do not have
access to my server right now but look carefully at /tftp directory
and the /etc/dhcpd.conf

Then tell me if the round is on you!!
--
Regards,