[K12OSN] Sabayon limitations and keyboard layout

Meelis Mihhailov meelis at nlib.ee
Wed Dec 20 12:04:47 UTC 2006

Hi again

I'm here with my problems again and this time it's about keyboard layout settings.
I'm using GNOME desktop in LTSP 5 (FC 5) and I can't set multible keyboard layout settings for clients.
At the moment there is only US as default language and layout but I need Estonian, US and Russian for people to change as needed.

When I try to change the settings in sabayon profile I get a message : "XKB module not active or installed" and so I can't change my keyboard type, can't add custom layout and can't use this wonderful keyboard layout utility provided by GNOME.

HOWEVER I can do all that as I'm logged in as a root :(

Note that user profile is set up using sabayon.

Is there any solution for this ? I suspect that it has something to do with permissions but where and how ?

Meelis
---
meelis at nlib.ee