[K12OSN] Problems with the esd+ALSA hack

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 18:21:55 UTC 2006

I just read something that might help you, but I can't
remember if it was on this list or elsewhere.  It had
to do with LTSP, Alsa, and sounds in Firefox and
Thunderbird.  I think the operating system in question
was Ubuntu or Xubuntu.  I think the person asking the
question was mainly concerned about getting a little
"ringy-dingy" when new email arrived in Thunderbird.

I'll search for it, but I figured I'd let you know so
you can try searching too.

-Rob

http://wiki.ltsp.org/twiki/bin/view/Ltsp/WorkInProgress#esd_ALSA_sound_on_LTSP_4_2