[K12OSN] Local Devices are Cool !!!

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 22 18:28:45 UTC 2006

I just tried local devices with LTSP 4.2 and I'm
really happy to have it working.  I successfully
accessed a local CD-ROM, and am about to try a usb
scanner.

As expected, it did *not* work with my Canon A530
digital camera.  On a standalone desktop machine, this
camera does not get mounted as a removable drive, but
relies on some special import method performed by
gphoto (I think it's gphoto, anyway.)  Are there any
workarounds for this type of camera?  I'd love to be
able to use it on my thin clients.

-Rob