[K12OSN] Local Devices are Cool !!!

Rob Owens hick518 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 13:45:07 UTC 2006

The card reader my parents have is a Sandisk Image
Mate 12 in 1, model # SDDR-89.  It is recognized in
Ubuntu w/o any special configuration.  When I put the
SD card from my Canon A530 in the card reader, I was
able to view the pictures no problem (I did not need
to use the "import photos" wizard that is required if
I hook the camera up directly to the computer).
Therefore I expect that I'd be able to use the card
reader on a thin client w/ no issues, although I did
not test it.

-Rob