[K12OSN] Keyboard Multiple Taps

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue Dec 26 23:01:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:52:25 -0500
"Timothy Hart" <timothy.hart at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a couple of thin clients that type a key multiple times for
> each tap on the keyboard. As you can imagine this makes it a little
> hard to logon. :-) Different keyboards don't seem to matter. Tried USB
> and PS2. This issue also seems to happen only to HPs and Compaqs.
> Something LTSP is guessing wrong about these junker clients?
>
> I found this thread from 2002 on the list (
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2002-December/msg00263.html) but
> it didn't really help me much.
>
> Anyone have an idea?
>
> Tim

There has been a lot of this lately (also on the LTSP list).  I was one
of the ones having issues.  I think (been a while now) what ultimatily
did it for me was:
1) Upgraded the LTSP kernel
2) Turning off power management stuff in the clients bios
3) created a seperate Boot perameter for that client that turned off all
power-management stuff

I search through the LTSP archive might also produce some answers for
you.
--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org