[K12OSN] Rsync from K12ltsp: iso versus files in directories

Krsnendu dasa krsnendu108 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 21:11:51 UTC 2006

I think I made a mistake. Instead of downloading the iso files I downloaded
the /i386 directory of k12ltsp6
http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/6.0.0-32bit/i386/
I was able to install from these files using PXE boot with http install.

The trouble is ltsp didn't work out of the box as it used to. I had to use
ltspadmin (For the first tiem ever!)
At first I thought it was because I changed the ip address of the server
from 192.168.0.254 to 192.168.0.253 but after installing again I found it
was because the needed services were not running like tftp, dhcpd, xdmcp,
etc.
I have got it running now using ltspadmin but I am afraid I might have
missed some of Erics special tricks.
Should I download the isos and start again. Or is there some way to fix the
situation. I want to install again soon (reinstalling over my current
k12ltsp5 server to set up loadbearing arrangement.) I would rather it worked
out of the box. Who knows someone else might need to take over running the
computer system here and I want to keep everything as simple as possible.