[K12OSN] how to create etherboot CD

David Whitmer dwblue02 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 02:54:35 UTC 2006

http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~jcater/ltsp/Etherboot-On-CDR-HOWTO.txt,
> but when I test it
> on a Dell OptiPlex that IS able to boot from the
> Universal Boot Floppy, it starts to
> load the ROM image, but then its screen goes grey,
> the black and nothing else happens.
>
> Has anyone managed to translate the Universal Boot
> Floppy onto a CD?
>
> Petre

Petre,

I've been using the universal network boot files from
the Thinstation project.

The link below will take you to the download page.
Download network_boot_floppy+cd+hd_540.zip, unpack,
and use your favorite CD mastering software to burn
eb-net.iso to CD.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=80408&package_id=97496

Hope this helps.
David Whitmer