[K12OSN] Web based util to change passwords

Brian Chivers brian at portsmouth-college.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 13:49:18 UTC 2006

We are running Samba 3 with a OpenLDAP backend and currently I've disabled the ability for users to
use the Windows CTRL-ALT-DEL option to change their password. Now the powers that be want to give
this ability back BUT only to staff.

I could acheive this by giving every staff user and entry in the NTConfig.pol file but I don't fancy
this so does anyone have any ideas / utils that I could implemeng using a web form. I could then
limit students access to this form stopping them changing there passwords.

I have looked at Usermin but it seems a little over kill just for one option.

How does everyone else manage this ??

Thanks
Brian Chivers
Portsmouth College